Where can you use Sponge-Jet?
SURFACE PREPARATION AND COATING REMOVAL
- Dow Chemical film polymer ducts are now prepared with Sponge Media, saving complete start-up batches of product that were formerly considered waste from coal slag contamination.
OIL, GAS & CHEMICAL PROCESSING
- Specified by PETROBRAS, ExxonMobil, PEMEX, PETRONAS.
- At PDVSA’s Amuay Refinery (the world’s largest) shutdown time was reduced by 60%, cancelling two, two-month overhauls worth $960M.
- PEMEX has specified to use Sponge-Jet on more than four million square meters (43 million square feet) of steel.
- US NAVSEA Naval Sea Standard 009-32 released that the “Sponge-Jet media and process may be used as an alternative to [abrasive blasting and power tool cleaning to] obtain SSPC-SP-10 or SSPC-SP-11 cleanliness”
- Used by Rosyth (UK), Toulon (FR), Puget Sound (US), Talcahuano (CH), Yokosuka (JP), Esquimalt (CA) and other Naval Bases
- Chosen to blast hull insides of the Chile-to-Southpole icebreaker
- Ballast tank and weld seam-approved on the world’s largest tanker; Four-year follow-up inspection revealed like-new coating
- Bridge Maintenance
- Fire Restoration
- Historic Restoration
- Lead Abatement
- Marine and Offshore
- Mold Remediation
- Nuclear Remediation
- Oil and Gas
- Power Generation
- Pulp & Paper
- Water Treatment